Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Pumpkin Roll

I really don't know why I love Thanksgiving so much, maybe because my first day in America with Randal was Thanksgiving day 2002, but I really love everything about it, except for the pumpkin pie.  This will be my 13th Thanksgiving and I still haven't come around to pumpkin pie, so that's why this year I decided to make my very first pumpkin roll.  This is a really fun to make and now I feel like my Thanksgiving is complete because I finally have a pumpkin dessert I like!



1 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin

Filling:
8 oz cream cheese
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375.

Combine the flour, pie spice, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl, mix together and set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer add the eggs and sugar.  Mix together until light yellow, add in the pumpkin and mix together.  Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.

Pour the mixture onto a greased parchment lined sheet tray.  Spread out evenly and bake for 15 minutes.

While the cake is baking, place a tea towel or some parchment paper on the counter and dust with about 1/4 cup of icing sugar.  Once the cake is out of the oven, turn sheet tray over so that the cake falls onto the sugar covered paper.  Starting with one end of the pumpkin cake, fold the parchment paper onto the cake and start rolling.  Leave the roll to cool.

To make the filling, in the bowl of an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar together.  Add in the icing sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.

Unroll the cooled cake and spread the filling evenly, roll the cake back up and refrigerate for an hour or until ready to serve.

Pin It

No comments: