Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Cinnamon Stewed Chicken

I have mentioned before that I am loving all things cinnamon these days, so when I saw Cat Cora make this cinnamon stewed chicken on tv a few weeks ago I knew I had to try it.  I love greek food anyway and it looked so good and I knew Randal would like it.  I did add in some cherry tomatoes just because I had some in the fridge I needed to use, but this chicken stew lived up to my expectations and was delicious.  We will definitely be making this again soon!


8 chicken thighs
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, chopped
½ cup dry white wine
2 cups water
1 can tomato paste
1 tbsp oregano
1 cup cherry tomatoes

Dry the chicken with paper towels.  Mix the cinnamon, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl and rub the chicken pieces on all sides with the mixture.

Heat the olive oil in a large pan.  Brown the chicken thighs on each side, remove from pan and set aside.

Add the onions and garlic to the pan, cook for around 3 minutes, until onions are softened.  Add the wine and cook for a minute, add in the water, tomato paste, cherry tomatoes, oregano and the browned chicken.  Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.


Pin It

No comments: