Thursday, February 12, 2015

Jalapeno Popper Corn Muffins

I made these corn muffins for Randal on a whim.  One of my daycare kids just loves to help me in the kitchen, she loves to mix things and as I was making Randal barbecued chicken for dinner I thought Sophie would love to help me make some corn muffins.  I ended up throwing in a diced jalapeno and some cream cheese as Randal loves jalapeno poppers so why not stuff his cornbread with those flavours!



1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1 cup milk
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 jalapeno, diced
cream cheese

Preheat oven to 400.  Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan.

In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.   Add in the egg, milk, oil and diced jalapeno and stir to combine.

Fill the muffin liners just under half way with the batter, place a tablespoon of cream cheese on top then cover with the remaining batter and top with a jalapeno slice.

Bake for 15-20 minute.
Pin It

No comments: