Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mango Curry Deviled Eggs

I am sure that Randal was a little sceptical when I told him I wanted to make mango chutney curried deviled eggs, however after he had tried them he really did love them.  My idea for these eggs came from my love of coronation chicken, I wanted to make the filling for these eggs taste like the coronation chicken sauce and I have to say that it really did!


6 large eggs
1 tbsp mango chutney
1 tsp apricot jam
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp curry powder (I used the Penzey's sweet curry)
1 tbsp onion, diced
cayenne pepper
salt and pepper

Place the eggs in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil, cover pan and turn off the heat.  Leave for 10 minutes then place eggs in a bowl of ice water.

Once the eggs have cooled, cut eggs in half and scoop out the yolks.  Place yolks in a small bowl and mash, add in the mayonnaise, chutney, jam, onion and season to taste with salt and pepper, mix well.  Spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg whites and top with a little cayenne pepper.

Pin It

No comments: