Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Corn Dog Bites

Randal loves corn dogs, but I have never been that successful at making them, so when I saw these corn dog bites over at Budget Savvy Diva I knew I wanted to try making them. 

I was so happy with these corn dog bites, they were crunchy on the outside, sweet and fluffy on the inside just like a great corn dog should be.  We will definitely be making these again!


8 hot dogs, cut into pieces
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
vegetable oil

Put 3/4 cup of the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder and onion powder in a large bowl, mix together and slowly stir in the milk. 

Roll the hot dog pieces in the remaining 1/4 cup of flour.

Heat about 2 cups of vegetable oil in a saucepan to 350.

Place the hot dog pieces into the batter, drop into the oil and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes.

Pin It

No comments: