Friday, February 28, 2014

Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Cups with Strawberry Sauce

I found these cheesecake cups over at Barbara Bakes and I knew I had to include them in our Valentines desserts.  The original recipe included homemade chocolate heart cups, but with everything else I was making I just didn't have time for that so I bought some chocolate cups.


Cheesecake Mousse:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream

Strawberry Sauce:
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
Fresh strawberries and blackberries

To make the cheesecake mousse, in the bowl of an electric mixer, add the cream cheese, sugar and salt and beat until smooth.  Add in the vanilla and heavy cream and beat until light and fluffy.  Pipe into chocolate cups and refrigerate.

In a medium saucepan, mix together the frozen strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool slightly. Add fresh berries and stir to coat, drizzle over the cheesecake cups.
Pin It

No comments: