Friday, January 17, 2014

Honey Butter Dinner Rolls

I am a little obsessed with baking bread/rolls these days after a few successful batches of rolls, I have my eyes on a Georgian cheese bread recipe next, but a few days ago I decided to give these honey butter dinner rolls a try.  They are different from the previous honey butter rolls I made in that these have grated cheese and garlic and onion powder in the dough.  I will admit that I was a little concerned about the combination of the savory cheese and spices with the sweet honey butter, and while these rolls baked really nice and they were good I just wasn't convinced about the flavour combinations as the garlic and onion powder flavours really came through.



2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 packet of instant yeast
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup warm water
3 tbsp unsalted butter
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tsp honey

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.  Add the water and 2 tablespoons of the butter.  Mix in the cheese.

Knead the dough for 5 minutes.  Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.

Divide the dough into equal balls and place in a greased pie plate and leave in a warm place to double in size.

Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.

In a small bowl combine the honey with the remaining tablespoon of butter and brush over the warm rolls.

Pin It

No comments: