Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cream Cheese Grits with Bacon Wrapped Shrimp

Grits are not something I eat often, I had never had them at all until I moved to America and even now I only really eat them when we go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, so I am mostly used to cheddar cheese grits.  When I saw these cream cheese grits over at The Caramel Jar I knew I had to make them as Randal loves cream cheese in place of other hard cheeses and even though shrimp and grits wouldn't usually be something that Randal would eat I had a feeling these would win him over.

These grits are seriously rich and creamy and different to any other grits I have tried, but I was right though, Randal loved them!


1 cup grits
2 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup cream cheese
salt and pepper to taste

large shrimp
bacon

In a large pan heat the milk and cream until simmering.  Add the grits and stir often until cooked, about 25 minutes, add in the cream cheese and season with salt and pepper.

To make the shrimp, preheat the oven to 425

Cut each bacon strip in half and wrap each bacon half around a shrimp.  Heat a frying pan over high heat and brown the bacon on each side before placing the shrimp on a sheet pan and baking for 5-7 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through.

Pin It

No comments: