Sunday, April 28, 2013

Zucchini Boats

I was under no illusion that Randal would actually eat these, so I planned to make them on a night I was making Randal a dinner that I don't really like. So while Randal enjoyed his roasted Italian sausages and spaghetti, I enjoyed these stuffed zucchini (or courgettes as I call them) boats from Proud Italian Cook.


2 large zucchini
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried Italian herbs
1 garlic clove, crushed
12 cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup mozzarella

Preheat the oven to 375. In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, dried herbs and garlic.

Cut the zucchini in half and scoop out the middle, brush with the olive oil and herb mixture. Cut the tomatoes in half and place in the zucchini boats.  Sprinkle with the panko and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the grated cheese, bake for an additional 5 minutes.


Pin It

No comments: