Sunday, June 10, 2012

Potato Salad

This is the potato salad recipe that my mum always made when I was a kid, it's our go to potato salad recipe and Randal loves it as much as I do. I had to adapt the recipe a little bit from my mum's to make it something that Randal would love, as my mum definitely did not use yellow american mustard, but I think she would approve of the final result.
 
 

I had to include this picture to show how my husband eats his potato salad.  Covered in bbq sauce.  I'm pretty sure my mum wouldn't approve of that!

 
 
3 pounds potatoes
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped red onion
4 chopped hardboiled eggs
1/4 cup chopped sweet gherkins
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
Salt and pepper

Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water, cook potatoes until fork tender. Leave to cool.

In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, relish and salt and pepper. 

When the potatoes are cool place them into a large bowl, add the celery, red onion, hardboiled eggs, gherkins, and the mayonnaise mixture. Stir together and season with salt pepper.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Pin It

No comments: