Saturday, May 12, 2012

Lemonade Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting

I pinned this recipe from The Family Kitchen a long time ago, waiting for spring to arrive to I could make this lemonade cupcake.  However, now that I made it I am actually a little unsure if I should post this recipe or not, and the only reason I am is because I made these for Randal to take to work and he had a lot of comments from people saying that they enjoyed the flavours of this cupcake. 

I was not that happy with it though, the cake was a little too dense for my liking and the frosting while it tasted good, just didn't look perfect to me.  I think I would definitely play around with the flavours of this cupcake, and really, they were fine, just not my preference.


1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
grated zest and juice of a lemon
1 cup milk, divided

Preheat oven to 375 F

In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture a third at a time, alternating with half the milk and half the lemon juice after each of the first 2 additions of flour. Beat until just combined.
Fill lined cupcake pans 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes.

Fresh Raspberry Frosting
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup butter, softened
3 cups icing sugar

In a small pan bring the raspberries to a boil.  Press the raspberries through a sieve to remove seeds.
In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter and half the sugar until smooth. Add the raspberry puree, then the rest of the sugar and beat for a minute.

 
 
Pin It

No comments: