Friday, May 11, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Quiche

Randal loves jalapeno poppers, especially the ones from Arby's that come with that bronco berry sauce that contains no berries.  Usually though, quiche and Randal do not mix, but when I saw this jalapeno popper version from Closet Cooking I thought he might actually eat this one. 

We both really liked this quiche, although I will say that it is quite spicy so if you prefer a milder quiche clean out the seeds from the jalapenos.  I left the seeds in one of the jalapenos even though the recipe says to leave them in both, but I knew that would be too spicy for me, and even with one it was still hot!





1 frozen pie crust, defrosted
1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
2 jalapenos, diced
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
5 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 jalapeno, sliced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400.

Place the pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan, prick the bottom of the crust with a fork and bake for 10 minutes.

While the pie crust is baking, heat the milk and cream in a small saucepan until barely simmering.

When the pie crust has baked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and lower the oven to 350.  Spread the softened cream cheese over the bottom of the crust, and top with the diced jalapenos.

In a bowl lightly beat the 5 eggs, and slowly add the warm milk and cream.  Stir in the spices.

Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake for 30 minutes.

Remove from oven and top with 8 jalapeno slices, bake for 10 minutes.  Then top with the grated cheese and bake for 5 minutes.


Pin It
 
Linked to: Simple LivingKitchen FunHouse of HepworthsTutus & Tea PartiesSix Sisiters StuffI Should be Mopping the FloorAddicted to RecipesCouponing & CookingThe Southern InstituteSerendipity and SpiceMaking the World CuterSkip To My LouSweet and SavoryCozy Home ScenesIt's a Blog PartyJaqs StudioNewlyweds 

13 comments:

Diane Balch said...

France meets Mexico... this is very interesting indeed never thought of jalapeño in quiche. I love it. Thanks for sharing this on foodie friday.

Unknown said...

You have become an Texan cooking a dish like this:) I love quiche and even though i was born and raised in Texas, I have never thought to put Jalapenos in it. Love the idea. I would like to invite you to link this up to my first ever blog hop. And check out my Chile Relleno Casserole. Your sweetie would prob love it. Hope to see you there.

Recipes We Love said...

This looks SO good.. breakfast and bunch can get boring this would spice it up a bit

Recipes We Love said...

This looks SO good.. breakfast and bunch can get boring this would spice it up a bit

Lauren said...

This sounds great! I have pinned it and it is the recipe that will finally get me to try to make a quiche! :D

Michelle said...

Hi! I'm visiting from Meatless Monday @ My Sweet & Savory. I'm loving this idea for a quiche. We like spicy food--I know it will be a hit with my family. I've pinned this! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love quiche and yours looks great. I wouldn't have thought to use the jalapenos either, but since quiche can be a little bland, I can see using them to give it a kick of flavor. Thanks for the new idea and recipe, and I very much appreciate you linking up to Your Cozy Home Party!

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Wow this looks amazing, I am going to have to try it. Thanks for linking up to Newlyweds Recipe linky. I pinned this recipe feel free to follow me at http://pinterest.com/newlyweds/

Six Sisters said...

This sounds delicious!! We love quiche! We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope to see you back soon! -The Sisters

Janie said...

I am all over this! I love jalapeno poppers and so does my husband :)

Stopping by from Six Sisters

Colie's Kitchen said...

Hi Sarah,
I just saw that you live in Houston! I do too near Katy. I am planning on making this recipe over the weekend! It looks so good!!

Spicy Food said...

Fantastic job right here.

Disneypal said...

I saw this recipe on Pinterest a while back but haven't had a chance to make it until now. I am so glad I did - it is really good! I love the flavor of Jalapeños and I really like to try different varieties of quiche.

This was really good! I will make it again !