Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Grilled Chicken with Meyer Lemon Salsa

I bought some really nice meyer lemons from central market and went looking for recipes to make with them. One of the first things I found was this grilled chicken with meyer lemon salsa. I love fruit salsa so I knew I had to try it. We both really liked this, although I probaby enjoyed this a little more than Randal because I am in love with lemon, so I knew I would love this recipe from bon appetit.


Salsa
5 Meyer lemons
1/2 cup chopped English cucumber
3 tbsp thinly sliced spring onions
1 serrano chile, finely chopped
1/4 tsp sugar

Chicken kebabs
1-1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-1/2" pieces
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1 tsp cracked coriander seeds
1 tsp turmeric

Using a sharp knife, cut all peel and white pith from lemons and discard. Working over a medium bowl, cut between membranes to release segments into bowl, along with the lemon juice. Combine segments, 1 Tbsp strained lemon juice, cucumber, 2 Tbsp spring onions, and chile in a small bowl and mix well. Stir in sugar and season salsa with salt and set aside.

Place chicken in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. In a mini-processor or blender, puree yogurt, vegetable oil, garlic, coriander, and turmeric. Pour marinade over chicken. Let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes. Thread pieces of chicken onto skewers and grill skewers over medium-high heat on a grill.

Linked to: This chick cooks, Mandy's recipe box, Lady behind the curtain, Simple Living,

1 comment:

Diane Balch said...

The meyer lemon salad is really unusual and the chicken sounds delicious. Please share this on my foodie friday party today.