Thursday, April 26, 2012

Egg Drop Soup

I always order the egg drop soup when we go to PF Changs, but I always thought it was too complicated for me to try making at home.  Once I started looking around for a recipe, I quickly realised how wong I was.  This is seriously one of the quickest and easiest soups I have ever made, and I will definitely be making it again!


5 cups chicken broth
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp white pepper
1.5 tbsp corn starch
3 eggs
Chives

Reserve one cup of the chicken broth, pour the remaining 4 cups into a pan, add the ginger, garlic and white pepper.  Bring to a boil.

Beat the three eggs into a small bowl.

Mix the corn starch into the reserved cup of chicken broth, and pour into the pan of boiling broth, bring back to a boil and cook for a minute or two.  Take the soup off the heat, stir the soup while slowly pouring the eggs into the broth.  Garnish with chives.

No comments: