Thursday, April 12, 2012

Egg, Bacon and Cheese Tart

I saw this on the front cover of the food network magazine and I knew I had to try making these. Randal and I both loved these, although Randal said next time he would prefer a cheese other than havarti, I loved it just as it is though.


1 sheet puff pastry
1 cup grated havarti cheese
4 eggs
2 slices bacon
Salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 425

On a floured surface, roll out the pastry to a 12 inch square. Cut into 4 equal squares. Fold the edges to form 4 round tart shells. Transfer to a baking sheet and prick the bottom of the tart shells with a fork. bake for 10 minutes.

Cook the bacon, then cut into small pieces.

Let the tart shells cool slightly, sprinkle with the havarti cheese, make a well in the center of the cheese and crack an egg into it. Season with salt and pepper and top with the bacon. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the eggs are set.

No comments: