Friday, February 24, 2012

Honey Glazed Chicken and Bacon Bites

I think these were Randal's favourite appetizer that I made for valentine's day, and to be honest they were a last minute addition, to use up the rest of the bacon from making the bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos. I did a quick search looking for a glaze recipe, so they weren't just plain chicken wrapped in bacon and found this over at Kayotic Kitchen.


Boneless chicken breasts
Bacon
3 tbsp honey
2 tsp coarse mustard
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice

I didn't give a quantity of chicken or bacon, because it's really just as much as you want or need to make. I used 2 chicken breasts that I cut into bite sized pieces, cut each bacon slice into thirds and wrapped it around the chicken.

To make the glaze just mix together the mustard, honey and lemon and brush half of it over the bacon wrapped chicken, bake at 425 for 15 minutes, turn them over and brush with remaining glaze and bake for another 15 minutes.

No comments: