Saturday, April 10, 2010

Apricot Glazed Ham

I am late in getting this recipe posted, but it's been a little crazy here this week. Sears came out to repair the dishwasher and in the process they managed to puncture the pump, which resulted in water leaking all under our floors. It's never good when you step onto your wood floors in the living room and water comes pouring out! anyway, to make a long story short, the livingroom and diningroom floors are shot, over $8,000 worth of damage and so far it seems sears isn't taking responsibility, which is just what we need with the house up for sale.

Anyway, I saw this glazed ham recipe over at Closet Cooking I knew I really wanted to try it, the only problem being that the hubby says he doesn't like apricots. So being the supportive wife I am, I made it anyway and just didn't tell him what was in it. Of course he loved it, and I later came clean about the apricots!


1 (8 pound) ham
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2/3 cup apricot jam
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1 orange (zest)

Directions:
1. Place the ham cut side down in a large baking pan and cover in foil
2. Bake in a preheated at 350 oven for one hour
3. Mix the apricot jam, brown sugar, mustard, cloves and orange zest and glaze the ham with 1/4 of it
4. Continue to bake the ham for one more hour, basting every 15 minutes with the remaining glaze

No comments: