Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thanks to my Hubby

I don't know how I managed it, but at some point last Wednesday I managed to get my computer infected with a rather nasty little virus or two, and by Thursday my poor little PC wouldn't even load unless it was in safe mode, and even then would completely lock up after a few minutes, and as for being online - well, let's just say it was a rough few days (apparantly I am quite addicted to the internet!)

But, my wonderful hubby performed miracles and has given the internet back to me and along with it restored the health of my computer. This task took him pretty much all day Sunday, and then as if he wasn't wonderful enough, after having spent all day in the study working on the computer for me, he then makes Sunday dinner for us - chicken fried steak, steamed potatoes, creamed corn, cream gravy and rolls. Yum!



To add to his wonderfulness, I should also mention that he bought me flowers for Valentine's day, even though I told him many times I didn't want or need a gift (I'm way too cheap these days to expect the hubby to spend money on me) but he did anyway, and then he took me to see confessions of a shopaholic, even though it is totally a girly movie (wasn't as great as I was hoping, was a little sad that they removed the entire English part from the book, but Isla Fisher was great - I remember watching her on Home and Away years ago) and then to top it all off, he took me to central market, which doesn't sound like anything special (why would a grocery store on Valentine's day be a good thing?) well, because this isn't just any grocery store, I adore Central Market and I really wanted to do their couples cook valentine's dinner class this year but it was already sold out when we called to make reservations for it, but we went there anyway to buy dinner and just enjoy the store, and apparantly half of Houston had the same idea as the store was packed, it usually is busy, but it was crazy busy, to the point where at times you just couldn't move for a sea of trolleys. We don't go that often anymore, goes along with the being cheap thing, as CM is definitely kind of expensive, but it's totally worth it in my opinion.


So thanks for a great weekend, honey, and thank you for fixing my computer!

No comments: