Monday, December 8, 2008

Coconut Cookies

I made these cookies for a Christmas cookie challenge on a message board I participate in. I used to love the coconut cookies from Sainsburys when I lived in England, but since being in the States I haven't really found that many coconut cookies, so I knew I wanted to try and make some for this challenge.
I got the recipe from www.Allrecipes.com, and I have to say that they are wonderful. I think I will have to send them with DH to work tomorrow just to get them out of the house!

Chewy coconut cookies:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut




Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside


In a seperate bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar


Add egg and vanilla


Beat until light and fluffy


Slowly add the flour mixture


Stir in the coconut


Place teaspoonfulls on an ungreased cookie sheet (I used the cookie scoop I always use when makng cookies) and bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes

No comments: